Supporting Women Throughout the Greater Baltimore Community
We know that some of your most important life decisions are made in our office, which is why Capital Women's Care - Division 56/Charles Street OB/GYN has been focused on providing support and exceptional care to women through all stages of life for more than 80 years.
Located on the beautiful campus of Greater Baltimore Medical Center, our patients are welcomed to our modern and comfortable office setting by an experienced OB/GYN professional staff. Being located within one of the region's leading hospital's for OB/GYN and women's services, our patients benefit from the added access to advanced medical care.
Our board-certified physicians are leaders in their field and in the community and have a combined 70 years of experience in obstetrics and gynecology.
Capital Women's Care Division 56/Charles Street OB/GYN offers innovative treatments and advanced surgical services in gynecology, including minimally invasive surgery. Our medical staff are experts in gynecological surgery, contraception, menopause, vulvar disease, pelvic floor disorders, and cervical cancer, among many other women's health conditions.
When the Charles Street practice first opened its doors in 1933, it went by the name of Drs. Haws, Dudley, Morris and Spencer-Strong. These founding physicians were inspired to open a practice that would help define quality patient care for decades to come.
It was during this time that the field of Obstetrics and Gynecology was undergoing an important reorganization process. Just three years earlier, in 1930, the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology was first incorporated. The mission of the board, which still remains in tact today, aims:
“To encourage the study, improve the practice and advance the cause of obstetrics and gynecology, subjects which should be inseparably interwoven; and to grant and to issue to physicians duly licensed by law, certificates or other equivalent recognition of special knowledge in obstetrics and gynecology.”
Once the board was established, physicians began working together to build out the necessary guidelines for OB/GYN doctors as they are today. Board certification was established as a four-year postgraduate program that required physicians to successfully complete their residency program, along with a written and oral exam.
In 1960, Charles Street OB/GYN Associates was included in the merger of the Presbyterian Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital and the Hospital for the Women of Maryland, to form Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC).
So much has changed since opening our doors in 1933, but our commitment to upholding the original standards of our practice still remains our highest priority. Today, our staff continues to carry out the mission of delivering personalized women’s health and prenatal care to all women throughout the greater Baltimore region.
In 2016, Charles Street OB/GYN Associates announced its affiliation with Capital Women's Care.
Notable Achievements of Our OB/GYNs
Dr. Onkar Singh
Delivered more than 4,000 babies, and counting, in his career and has had his work published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine many times over.
Dr. Laura Erdman
Continues to be appointed to the voluntary teaching faculty at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and is a Fellow in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Dr. Erdman has been named one of Baltimore Magazine's Top Doctors in 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Dr. Lindsay Morrell
Named one of Baltimore Magazine's Top Doctors in 2021 and 2022.